This wasn’t for school, I just wrote it for myself once late at night
I can proudly announce I don’t belong to it. Just one day I decided I will not watch the crap TV is offering (like once I decided I will drink tea with no sugar; mission was completed within a week); just sometimes I will turn on VH1 expecting to see Green Day (which are rarely on) or Kill Hannah (which are never on).
And what to watch here? Giants of Lithuanian TV digest and ruminate the same story for three months. And year later they dig it up again and continue messing with the trivia. After that the heroes can even not bother writing a biography (which is also very popular), because everything about them is known. For a moment I even feel uncomfortable, because my friends don’t know my shoe size. (In the future be aware – between 40 and 41 in European sizes.)
There isn’t better situation in music channels too – when you turn on one of them, every half an hour smile width of Urals by Rybak is starring at you and you hear the vomit-making sounds of song honouring fetishistic feelings. On VIVA channel, as much as I investigated it, I got an idea there’s always the pride of the nation Tokio Hotel. Tokio Hotel (has anyone told them that the capital of Japan is written with ‘y’?) don’t need to be introduced; everyone has heard their incoherent lyrics. And who am I not to mention Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and ones like them (I can give a list if necessary)? What would our young and unshaped minds do without them? Where would girls who are in love with one (or all three of) JonASS brother’s go, or expecting Miley Cyrus to be their best friend? Whose posters would they hang on their walls? In this case even drug addicts are a hundred times better. (I bow my head low and kiss the ground below Kurt Cobain and Sid Vicious’ legs; they were drug addicts, but their music at least didn’t fuck anyone’s brain.) Even in my ancient Nokia belonging the Rasmus – Last Generation (AMR file) sounds better than those youths’, who mocked of (and still successfully do so) singer’s profession, songs.
My answer to a question ‘What would you do if there was no TV?’ would sound ‘I would watch DVD’, understand it as you like.
Friday, 16 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment